Fluval FX6 Canister Filter
Fluval FX6 Canister Filter – High Performance Canister Filter
For fresh and saltwater aquariums up to 1500 L (400 US Gal)
Building on the hugely successful FX5, FX6 is Fluval’s next generation filter workhorse, with all the power and reliability that Fluval FX filters are known for–plus more. FX6 has an amazing range of advanced features, all designed to make fishkeeping so much easier and more convenient.
FX6 is a super capacity yet compact canister filter that pumps out 3500 liters (925 US Gallons) of water an hour and has an astounding media capacity that produces cleaner and healthier results than most competitive filters.
The FX6 draws in water and suspeded debris through its clog-proof intake strainer and sends it through a three-level foam pre-filter which traps most particulate matter. It proceeds to flow through multiple levels of custom media configurations to be processed and cleaned. As the powerful pump returns water to the aquarium, the flared design of the adjustable output nozzle disburses it in multiple directions, creating currents that help direct waste towards the intake for filtering. This intricate process results in a continuous flow of filtered water.
Filtering material can easily be placed in a removable stack of media baskets, which is at the heart of Fluval’s multistage filtration. The baskets are precision-engineered to eliminate water by-pass, making filtration more efficient.
The baskets can hold a total of 5.9 litres of media and can be stacked in the precise combination of layers that will work best for your aquarium. Each one is lined with a foam insert for effective mechanical pre-filtering. Instant-release T-handles let you lift and separate the baskets quickly and easily, making routine maintenance simpler.
Fluval FX6 also features Smart Pump Technology, which provides optimal filter performance. This advanced technological feature employs an electronic circuit board that continually monitors the pump. Impeller speed and force are constantly measured to ensure powerful output and energy efficiency. It also manages the filter’s self-starting feature and evacuates air that may enter or build up within the filtration system. On a 12-hour cycle, the pump will pause and allow trapped air to escape, ensuring the best filtration efficiency at all times. Fluval FX6 Smart Pump Technology is the key to providing optimal filter performance. This self-primimg system offers plug-in-and-start convenience. Smart Pump employs an electronic circuit board to continually monitor the pump.
- Multi-stage filter pumps out an astounding 3500 L (925 US Gal) of water per hour
- Improved motor technology provides better performance while consuming 10% less electricity than previous generation
- Smart Pump™ – advanced microchip technology continuously monitors and optimizes pump performance
- Self-starting – just add water, plug in and Smart Pump™ will take over. Trapped air auto-evacuated every 12 hours to ensure maximum efficiency
- Easy water changes eliminate need to lift heavy buckets. Simply attach hosing to output (Kit sold separately) and Smart Pump™ does the rest
- Removable, stackable media baskets eliminate water bypass and hold a total of 5.9 L (1.5 US Gal) of media
- All filter media included – mechanical, chemical and biological
- Aqua-Stop valves with leak-proof Click-Fit attachment system
- Valves positioned at convenient 45-degree angle for easy installation and rotation
- Anti-clog, telescopic strainer ensures continuous water flow
- Multi-Directional Output nozzles can be fully adjusted to create customized water flows
- Purge Valve with drain hose for easy maintenance and flushing of canister
- Rubberized feet help ensure quiet operation
- 53 cm (21 in) tall design – easily fits under most aquariums
- Made in Italy
- For use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums
Biomax ceramic rings
Media bags x 2
Cabon Pad x 1
Filter Foam x 6
Bio Foam x 2
Flow rate: 2130 litres (563 US Gal) per hour
Pump output: 3500 L (925 US Gal)
Mechanical Area: 2,100 cm² (325.5 in²)
Media Basket Capacity: 5.9 L (1.5 US Gal)
Filtration Volume: 20 L (5.28 US Gal)
Head Height (max.): 3.3 m (10.8 ft)
Wattage: 120V/60Hz – 43 W and 230-240V/50Hz – 41 W
Dimensions (L x W x H): 40 X 40 X 53 CM (15.75 X 15.75 X 20.8 IN)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.